Tuesday 27 May 2008

Memories


I am doing a project called 'Snapshots' at the moment in my art class and it has taken me down 'Memory Lane'. I had this image in my head from years ago, and knew I had a photo somewhere (which turned out to be pretty grotty-ideal apparently!). Several hours of searching old albums and I eventually located it. Of course the reality and the memory were different, but I thought it a good starting point for trying to combine the two, and perhaps capture the elusive emotion and joy of an autumn day. I have done 4 versions of this so far and could go on ad-infintitum at the moment, but this is the best so far. I now have several other ideas waiting-going on holiday has rather interrupted the flow. A recent photo of my grandchildren on swings is another starting point and seems related to the original image-children playing is pretty universal despite time passing and I like that idea of a thread connecting generations.

No comments: